+44 (0)20 3031 6996 [email protected]
+44 (0)20 3031 6996 [email protected]


For guest that require a Schengen visa to travel to mainland Europe, please find below some guidelines that may be helpful. If you would like us to help with your application please let us know, we will be glad to guide you through the process and applicable fees.

British Residence Permit
Visa Application Photo
Visa Application Form

Your British Residence Permit must be in the form of an ID card or stamped in your passport.

It must be valid for at least 3 months or more after your return date to the UK. In case your Residence Permit is in an old passport, you will have to submit both passports.

A signed full national private passport or official travel document issued less than 10 years ago. It must be valid for at least more than 3 months beyond the date of your return to the UK. Please make sure you have at least two blank pages to affix the visa sticker. Your passport must not be damaged in any way i.e. no water or oil marks, torn pages etc. If you are in possession of one or more previous passports, you will require to submit them.

The two photographs required for the visa application must be:

  1. Colour photo on a white background
  2. Size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (45 x 35 mm)
  3. Taken from the front
  4. Recent, less than one month old & must not have been used in any previous applications.

The photo must be a close-up of your head and the top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70-80% of the photograph.

Application form must be duly completed and signed in both places – section 37 & signature box on the last page. Please ensure there are no errors (deletions/overprint) or corrections (including Tipp – Ex) as this will make the form invalid.

Employment Letter/s

If Employed
If Self Employed
If Student
If Un-Employed & Married
For Minors (under 18)

You will have to submit an official letter not more than 3 months old. Letter should be on the company letterhead & should mention your position held within the company and your date of commencement.

You will need to submit an original recently dated letter from your solicitor or accountant on their original letter head. Letter must state the name of your company & registration number. It must also mention the correct date of incorporation of the company and confirm your self-employment status, percentage of shareholding & annual income. Letter must be accompanied with the certificate of incorporation & VAT certificate issued by HMRC.

An official recently dated letter from your school, college or university mentioning your course/study details.

Your Marriage Certificate should be in English with an official stamp on it. If not, the English translation must be certified as a true copy by the Foreign Ministry or Embassy/ Consulate/High Commission of the country where your marriage was celebrated or by the legalisation bureau of the Foreign Office in UK. Religious marriage certificates are not accepted.

You will have to submit the original birth certificate mentioning both parents’ & child’s names. If it is not in English, the official translation must be certified as a true copy by the Foreign Ministry or Embassy/ Consulate/High Commission of your country. This should be accompanied with a letter from school/college confirming attendance.

Financial Requirements

Bank Statements
Travel Insurance

You will require to submit your last 3 months payslips. If you are paid weekly you should submit your last 12 payslips. Internet on-line payslips are accepted. The amount/s in your payslips should be in GBP.

You will require to submit original bank statements in GBP of last 3 months. Internet/online statements are accepted, however they should be stamped by your bank. You should have a sufficient amount of funds in your account of minimum £60 per person per day to cover your trip in Europe. In case you are unable to provide bank statements you should submit traveller’s cheques for up to £80 per person per day for your stay in Europe.

You travel insurance policy should be valid for the country/s you are travelling to & cover the duration of your trip. Coverage should include medical & repatriation with a EUR 30000 limit.


All documents should be produced in originals and no scanned, fax or PDF copies are accepted.

You need to hold a resident-type UK visa like work, student, spouse, permanent etc. but not a visitor visa or business visa, as Schengen rules require you to submit your application in the country of your residency & visitor/business visas are not accepted as residence permits.


For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information, click here.